“A real-life ordeal, captured by a daring, disorientating artistic collaboration, which works brilliantly on so many levels” — The Stage★★★★★
Reassembled, Slightly Askew is a head-trip—literally! Blending art and science in a unique and dynamic way, this immersive, audio-based artwork transports you inside the head of artist Shannon Yee as she descends into a coma from a rare brain infection. Lying on a hospital bed with headphone and blindfold, you follow Shannon’s journey through critical illness, to re-emergence into the world and finally to rehabilitation with an acquired brain injury.
“what comes across loudest of all is a call for compassion for people who seem unreachable.” —Time Out London
“a richly textured three-dimensional soundscape that affords us a profound and moving sense of what it might be like to have a brain injury — and recover from one.” —Evening Standard
Persons aged under 16 are not admitted.
Writer / Producer
Audiences are encouraged to stay after the show for a 30-minute video documenting the development process of this experimental performance.
- Approximately 1 hour without interval
- Performed in English
- Ticket holders are advised to arrive at least 10 minutes before show time
- Latecomers will not be admitted
- For ticketing booking of wheelchair users, please call 2828 4949
- Please contact Arts Accessibility Scheme, Arts with the Disabled Association Hong Kong at 2777 1771 for arts accessibility services in advance.
- If you need assistance at the event dates, please contact 6843 5367.